Donate at the Register
Safeway helps fight hunger with the Oregon Food Bank every day of the year by donating perishable food like milk, meat, and produce. Now you can join when you shop at Safeway. Please give at the register.
$1 = 3 meals
Every $10 donation provides 30 meals!
Your donation will help Oregon Food Bank purchase, collect and distribute food through a network of 21 regional food banks and more than 1,400 food assistance sites. Thanks to Oregon Food Bank’s wholesale purchasing power, your on-line donation goes even further—getting more food to those who need it most.
Did you know?
- 1 in 9 people in our area rely on food donations, including 1 in 5 kids!
- Almost 50% of Oregon children qualify for free and reduced lunch at school
- In an average month, an estimated 265,000 people in Oregon and Clark County, Washington rely on food from a pantry
Of households utilizing food pantries:
- 80% are able to meet their food needs for the month with the help of a pantry
- 94% report that receiving food from a pantry improves their lives
- 52% of them prepare and eat healthier meals with food from a pantry